Meals to linger over
There’s nothing like dining with people you connect with. The conversation drifts as you move from course to course, discovering new tastes and topics. In the elegant dining room, delight in locally sourced ingredients and internationally inspired stories.
Each day, you can savor:
- Hot breakfast every morning
- Full-service lunch with salad bar
- Cold sandwiches and grilled items available in the late afternoon
- Dinner with table service and salad bar
- Dining packages
- Options for dietary restrictions
Catch a ride
Whether you’re looking to go out on the town or run some local errands, our attentive drivers are happy to provide transportation. The Manor Bus makes regularly scheduled trips to shopping hotspots, local highlights, and regional getaways. If you need to get to a doctor’s appointment, book a ride in the Manor Car for an easy arrival.
Easy trips to local conveniences:
- Shopping centers
- Claremont Village
Explore all that the region has to offer:
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanical Gardens
- Bridges Hall of Music, Los Angeles Philharmonic, and Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Candlelight Pavilion Dinner Theatre
- Mountain resort and beach harbor tours
- Santa Anita Race Track
Your favorite furry companions
Pets are part of your life, so they’re a welcome part of the community. Saturday mornings are set aside for the group dog walk–our own personal pet parade. It’s one of our favorite ways to celebrate the weekend, and your beloved companions. Be sure to ask about our pet policy when you visit.
Together, you can enjoy:
- Acres of walking paths.
- Colorful gardens and shady areas.
- Large grassy areas.
A calendar that piques curiosity
You may be surprised at how much Claremont Manor feels like a college campus. More than 20 resident clubs make it a lively scene. Topics include everything from physics to current events to American history. Cultural outings and volunteer opportunities abound.
We have more than 20 resident-led clubs and weekly events:
- Current events discussions
- TED Talks screenings
- Game nights: Rummikub, Cribbage, Bingo and more
- Local volunteer groups
- Manor Chorus
Outings to local hotspots and regional highlights
- Candlelight Pavilion Dinner Theater
- Out to Lunch Bunch
- Museum visits
Invigorate your every day
Here, you can find an approach to fitness that works for you. Make it a group experience by heading to one of the exercise classes held throughout campus. Keep it personal by meeting with our trainer. Or, you can go at your own pace in the fully-equipped fitness center.
Try your hand at an exercise class:
- Balance & Strength Training in the Solarium
- Sit & Be Fit in the Lodge Lounge
- Water Fitness at the Pool
- Functional Total Body Conditioning
- Tai Chi
- Personal trainer sessions
The Health & Wellness Center offers:
- Health counseling
- Vital signs checkup
- Medication ordering
- Hospital Discharge coordination
- Blood draws
- Monitoring of residents who are ill
Cultivate interests and ideas
When it comes to stimulating your mind, Claremont Manor is surrounded by tantalizing opportunities. Visiting professors from the Claremont colleges as well as Claremont Manor residents lecture regularly on topics such as American history, current events, literature and even quantum physics. And if you are intrigued by a subject you don’t find here, there are hundreds of classes you can audit on nearby college campuses, all of them just a short stroll away.
Pursue new passions or hone acquired skills:
- Continuing education courses
- Discussion groups on art and music
- Resident lectures
- Books on various topics in the library
Honor the arts
Just 30 minutes from Los Angeles, our location lends itself well to those with an artistic flair. Musicians regularly visit Claremont Manor. Nearby, performances by the Los Angeles Philharmonic, visiting quartets, and award-winning artists delight residents. The calendar is always posted, but these events quickly spread by word of mouth. And if you’re an artist yourself, classes are available both on and off campus no matter what your medium is.
Enjoy a range of artistic experiences:
- Friday Noon Concert at Scripps Balch Auditorium
- Outings to Bridges Music Hall
- Watercolor Class in the Claremont Manor Studio
- Film Series Class with Claremont Adult Education
- Creative Writing Class
- Manor Chorus
- Matinee Movies